Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More on the school dilemma


So we had the interview at the Bigger School 2 weeks ago. We were there for about 3.5 minutes. I must admit I was expecting more, both in terms of time and in terms of substance. I thought we were going to hear about the school’s project, the facilities, the programme. But I guess they don’t need to “sell” the school, since they have way more candidates than openings. But still, its was rather… disappointing.

Yesterday we got a call saying that R was accepted. We had pretty much decided that she would go to the Smaller School, regardless of whether she got accepted at the Big School or not, but I confess I was/am shaken. I mean, this school has been our plan since the beginning. We have always said that she would attend this school (mainly because it’s close to our house, which was the #1 criterion). If we had known she would get accepted for sure we wouldn’t even have enrolled her in the Smaller School.

But, we did go to the Smaller School, and we loved it. I remembered the good times I had there and ZM felt right at home, if you know what I mean. At first we enrolled her just to secure an alternative should she not get accepted at the
Bigger School, but then we started warming up to the idea of having her in a smaller, cosier school. And now we find out she got accepted at what had been our first choice…

We have until tomorrow to enrol her in the Bigger School or someone else takes her place.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm on the edge of my seat to find out what you will decide!

    -Michelle

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two schools - two schools - my goodness, choices. Whichever you pick, you can make it the right one.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    I think you will have stood by the Smaller one but either way you would have made it the right choice, I am not too worried.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Lilian said…

    I'm late to this. What did you decide in the end? (I think I know, though...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home