Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, April 28, 2008

It's over, almost!


I must admit I knew the private practice would be faster, but I never thought it would be this fast. We went to the appointment with the surgeon last Wednesday, as planned. He examined the lump, took my word for it when I described what we saw in the ultrasound (I lost the ultrasound report, shame on me), talked for about 10 minutes about all the different things he thought could’ve caused the lump and finally told us he agreed with the ER doctor and she should have it removed. I asked when, he said tomorrow at 10 am.

So R had her surgery last Thursday. We got to the hospital at 9 am and an hour later I was with her in the OR as they put her to sleep (that was the worst part of this whole thing, she struggled like crazy, it took an eternity for the drug to work, she started to roll her eyes and I had to use all my strength to restrain her. It was a nightmare). An hour later it was all over and I was by her side again when she woke up. By 3.00 pm we were home having pizza.

The lump itself… well, it was dying (necrosis) and it had blood and pus (disgusting, I know). It didn’t look threatening but we’ll know for sure tomorrow or the day after that. Can you tell how relieved I am?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    So it was an abscess? Either way, you must be terribly relieved and I'm very glad it all went so smoothly.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad she came through it OK. Sounds like you were more traumatized than she.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Lilian said…

    wow. I'm glad things are well now. Do please let us know how everyone is doing and what the final conclusion was about it.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am glad that it is all over. As a mother myself, I know you must have spent anxious moments.
    "Hotels" as you call them are the only option. This is Benny from Israeli Uncensored News

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Olha lá, não blogas há quase 2 anos! Eu protesto!

    Beijocas

     

Post a Comment

<< Home