Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Summer Vacation

Here are some pictures from this summer. I said yesterday I didn’t even remember having had a summer vacation, but I do have pictures that prove I did.
We spent a week in Algarve with my parents and my sister, her husband and her son (who, if you remember, is a week younger than Manel). We rented a great little house, with a pool and horses, close to the beach. I eventually had to drive to Lisbon for a work meeting right in the middle of the week, which stress me out a little and stress my dad out completely. You would’ve thought the whole vacation was absolutely ruined because I had to spend one morning away.
Anyway, it was a great week and the kids loved the house. And it was the first time in 3 years we had a vacation with the whole family, which was also great.
Then we spent a week at my in-laws beach house, which was the usual chaos, with 20 people in the same house, lining up to use the bathroom, cooking for a battalion, etc. I get more used to it with every year that passes and I’ve actually come to enjoy it quite a lot. I wouldn’t do it for more than a week at a time but it’s actually fun and the kids have a blast.
So that was my vacation. In November ZM and I will be going to Italy alone for 9 days and that’s when I’ll really get some rest.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home