Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, January 11, 2007

One year ago


First of all, let me wish all of you a wonderful and happy new year. I hope your holidays were good, as mine were, and I hope this year is a great one.

As I was saying, a year ago today we were at the hospital, so that my dear husband could donate his kidney to his older brother. We were terrified, especially my MIL, who had two of her sons in surgery. It was an emotional day, but also a very good one.

Today we are going to my inlaws for a mini-celebration. The fact is we never thought this first year (the critical one, the doctors had told us) would go by so smoothly. BIL is doing great, he is 10 years younger and is doing things he hadn't done in 13 years, things as simple as traveling, drinking and playing soccer. We really couldn't have asked for more.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That IS wonderful what a wonderful day then! Lovely to see you posting again, be good now.

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Glad that all are well - hope this one lasts him forever.

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ana...that is fabulous news and definitely a day to celebrate.

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Feliz Ano Novo, um pouco atrasado, claro :)

    It's very good to hear from you, especially when you're celebrating such a significant event for your family. I hope you get to post more, we've missed you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home