Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, August 14, 2006

So, did you miss me?


That’s right, vacation is over. Tomorrow is a holiday and Zé Maria took the day off today and is still at the beach house with the kids. I’m going back there after work and will spend one last day at the beach tomorrow. So that makes the transition from vacation-mode to work-mode a bit less drastic.
It’s funny how two weeks can simultaneously fly by and feel like an eternity. We had a good time, the weather was perfect and the kids behaved beautifully (well, not always, but I prefer to forget the not so good episodes). And surprisingly enough (remember, 17 people in the same house) I got some rest, both physically and psychologically.
The Family, as I’ve said before, is a constant source of entertainment, what with all of us having to juggle so that FIL doesn’t meet SIL and her fiancé while going to the same beach but staying a few meters apart and stuff like that. But once you get into the rhythm of it all, it’s actually fun. And there’s always someone willing (and wanting) to feed the kids, give them a bath, take them for a swim, etc. No one offered to take M when he woke up at 7.30 am once again, though. But hubby and I took turns taking him out of the house while the other slept in with R until 10.30. Overall, it was a very good vacation.

I’m sure some of the funniest episodes will come to mind in the next couple of days and I’ll write about them. For now, I have to check my million emails and get this show running again.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger L said…

    Glad you're back!! I sure missed you!

    Next week it's my turn - we're going to Florida for 2 weeks. But I think I won't resist and will try to blog from there :)

    Please do share the funny stories, I can't wait to hear them.

    About early waking babies, I can TOTALLY sympathize. Linton wakes up 6:45 most mornings, the latest is 7 and once in a blue moon, he sleeps until 7:40, but that's a complete miracle. My parents went back to Brazil a week ago and now we're taking turns getting up with him. The problem is that we never go to bed before 1 am, so we're usually exhausted every day...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home