Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, July 28, 2006

Off to the beach


We’re going on vacation tomorrow, for 2 weeks. We’ll be going to my in-laws beach house with 14 or 15 other people and though it will be a bit chaotic, I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun.
The first time I went to their beach house in the summer, Zé Maria and I were still dating and I had to be officially invited by one of the SILs as her friend, as I couldn’t be invited as ZM’s girlfriend. Of course everyone knew I wasn’t really SIL’s friend, but it’s all a question of image. Anyway, spending a week in a house with 15 people and only 3 bathrooms was a real test to my ability to be a part of this family. Picture 15 people coming home from the beach at 7 pm and all of them having to shower, get dressed and ready for dinner at 8.30. It’s not pretty, I tell you. And cooking, doing the dishes, laundry, cleaning, everything assumes a whole different proportion. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn’t be more peaceful in Israel.
We will take the laptop and will have internet access, so if anything exciting happens I’ll post something. If not, well, I’ll be here on the 14th.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    OK, did I miss that 'interesting' Wednesday post or something?
    Have fun at the beach.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home