Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, July 21, 2006

The Wedding - Season 2, Episode III


My SIL chose and ordered her wedding dress last Saturday. I don’t love it, but I guess it’s ok. She’s 1.47 m (4 feet 10 inches) tall (or short if you’d like), and on the chubby side (ok, she’s fat), so there isn’t one long white dress in the world that would make her look like a model. But she looked ok in it, and she was really happy, so that’s what matters.
My SIL who got married last month is paying for the dress, more as a gift to her mother, to thank her for her own wedding, than to older SIL. I’m still paying for the veil though.

We still haven’t further discussed the flower girls dresses but my MIL has made it quite clear that she will not be paying for new ones. I’m not sure if SIL will agree to use the same ones, but I still think it’s ridiculous to spend that kind of money on new dresses they will wear once, when they have perfectly good ones. But hey, that’s just my opinion.

A couple of nights ago we had a brainstorming session to discuss ideas for the reception. Having scheduled this wedding only 3 months in advance, my SIL has to get used to the idea that it will not be easy to find a great place, and we may have to settle for an ok place. So far we haven’t even found that. And since my MIL is seriously limiting the amount of money she’ll pay for the reception I don’t think it’ll be easy.

My FIL is still refusing to meet P until they are no longer living together. So my MIL is going to talk to them and see if SIL would be ok with coming back home on her birthday (September 23rd) and we would have a small birthday/engagement party then. Honestly, I don’t know what to say. If they agree, it will be painful to watch the charade, but at least things will be solved before the wedding.

To be continued…

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger L said…

    Well, it's good that things are moving on pretty smoothly thus far. I hope the plan for the temporary move back home helps your dad to come around!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home