Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm back


We had a great time. We had three days of good weather and three days of not so good weather, so there was time to go to the beach and time to visit Salvador and shop and watch plenty of soccer. The kids did absolutely great, the flights went smoothly and we really got to rest and relax.
Brazil is beautiful of course. This was my third trip there and they were all so different. Salvador has absolutely nothing to do with Rio or even Porto Seguro, but it is a beautiful, beautiful city (though I dare say I liked Rio better). We will be going back to Brazil next year, though probably a little sooner.
I haven’t had time to download the pictures yet, since we arrived on Saturday, had a Baptism that day and a kids birthday party on Sunday. But I will do it soon and then post a few here.

Oh, and my boss did call me on my vacation, even though I thought I had left everything taken care of.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger L said…

    I'm glad you had a good time - in spite of the weather. Did you shop at mercado Modelo?

    Salvador is very different from other cities, and I wouldn't blame you for liking Rio better - one of my greatest dreams growing up was to go to Rio, and we did go, after mu 8th grade "graduation" when I was 15. I went back a couple of times, but never for more than a day, so I haven't really visited Rio again in 20 years. Next year in August I'm going tbere for a conference and I want to visit it again and see more things.

    Can't wait to see pictures and...

    GO PORTUGAL!!!!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    I want pics as well! And sod the boss! And hope you're rested!

    [I thought you were staying put in Jerusalem. No? There are amazing streets in the Old City, in Mea Shearim (Orthodox Quarter) et al, remind me.]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home