Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, March 17, 2006

From Porto - Part IV


I’m finally going back home today. I must admit I didn’t think these 5 days would be this hard. I miss the kids and Zé Maria so much, I’m sick of being alone and I’m terribly homesick.
I’ve spent time away from Rosarinho before (not from Manel though, obviously). In fact, last year on our trip to the US we spent 10 days away from her. But it was always on vacation, with hubby and somewhere fun. This is different. I’m alone here, I have to work all day and have nothing to do at night. I’m so ready to go home now.

Yesterday my Dad was here, also on a business trip, and we went out for dinner. He showed me around the city (which he knows well and I know not) and took me to this really fancy restaurant. The food was great, the company too and it was a nice change from dining alone at the mall. Today we are taking the same flight back to Lisbon, which is also nice. My Mom organized a family dinner at her house tonight, with my sister and her family, and informed me that my Dad and I will take a cab from the airport and meet them there. What I really wanted was for Z and the kids to pick me up at the airport and just go home. But my Mom seems to think that my coming home is cause for celebration. With her, anything is an excuse for a family dinner. Ugh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home