Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, March 16, 2006

From Porto - Part III


Although I’m starting to really get home sick, I’ve been doing my best to enjoy the time I have to spend here.
My hotel is very close to two of the city’s biggest malls so I’ve been shopping a lot. I bought gifts for the kids, for hubby and also for my Mom, who always asks me to bring her something when I travel (she’s almost like a kid herself sometimes). And of course, a little something (or things to be more accurate) for myself.
But there is only so much time you can spend shopping (in my case at least, because some of my friends can easily spend a lifetime shopping), so last night I went to the movies. I saw Brokeback Mountain. It’s a sad, romantic story and it’s quite entertaining, but if you ask me, it didn’t deserve the oscar anyway.
This evening I’m having dinner with my Dad, who comes to Porto on business every week.

Yesterday I called R at 7 pm and she said I was late. When I told her I wouldn’t be home for a couple more days she asked me if I miss her. She sounded kinda sad but when I said I had bought her a gift she got all excited. Kids are so easy to please.

Things are going really well back home. My SILs have been helping Zé Maria a lot, and he even went to one of our friends’ birthday party yesterday and left the kids with one of them.
I know I’m incredibly lucky that I can leave my kids alone with their dad for a whole week. Most of my friends wouldn’t leave their kids alone with their husbands for one night, let alone a week. Zé Maria really is the best father. And I’m also incredibly lucky that I can leave them with my parents to travel with my husband, We’re leaving for Barcelona in less than 3 weeks!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so desperately want to set foot in Barcelona, cannot believe I still have NOT been there! Where to find the time now is the problem.

    What did you buy for yourself?
    J

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    I bought two v-neck sweaters for myself. Very nice

     

Post a Comment

<< Home