Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

From Porto - Part II (updated)


I’m writing this from my hotel room in Porto. Don’t you just love hotel rooms? People say they’re cold and lonely but I completely disagree. I heart hotel rooms. And hotel breakfasts, aren’t they the best?
Despite my confessed love for hotel rooms, I wish I was home with hubby and the kids. This morning I woke up at 5 am to catch the first flight here. I called Zé Maria and he says Manel slept uninterruptedly until 8. He hadn’t been sleeping so well lately, since the gastroenteritis, so I was happy to hear that he’s apparently back to his old self and hubby will be sleeping properly. Makes it easier for me to enjoy my time away.

So, since I do have to stay here for a whole week, I might as well make the best of it right?
I’ve spent the day working and am now going to take a shower and then go to the mall, maybe see a movie and grab a bite to eat. Then I’m gonna come back to the hotel and read a bit before going to bed.

Update
I ended up not going to the movies after all. I had dinner, bought Rosarinho a gift and went back to hotel, where I read and watched TV. And slept 9 hours straight!
This morning I spoke to Zé Maria and Manel slept through until 6.30, which wasn’t so bad. And R slept in our bed with him. It seems they’re doing fine without me.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    That's a relief, now you can catch up on sleep and fun with no worries. Other than the neuro-surgeon appointment, that is. *sigh*

    I also heart hotels and YES, hotel brekkie IS the best. Word.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger L said…

    Well, I'll get to stay at a hotel for one night later this week!! My husband is at a conference this week and his roomate will leave on Thursday, so we get to go spend the night with him.

    I have never been away from my 21 month old, only for 6-7 hours (he still breasfeeds), and from my 4 year-old, for 2 nights when he was 3... I'm sure I'll be able to be away from them someday, but not just yet :)

    From my perspective you're very brave to be able be away from your kids and even take vacations with you husband. Someday... someday... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home