Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, March 03, 2006

Tired, so tired.


I had forgotten how unstable and unpredictable life can be with a small baby. Everything is a potential cause for disturbance, from a minor change in their usual routine to a change in their diet or a more-crowded than usual room. And just like that, your life will change.
Manel is a very easy child. He eats everything we give him, he loves his veggies, his cereal, he sleeps through the night since he was 2 months old, he smiles all the time. Well… not anymore. Or at least not for the past few days anyway.
For some reason (definitely of an intestinal nature, judging from the smell), he hasn’t been able to sleep for 2 hours straight since last Monday. He wakes up screaming and twitching, clearly in pain, and nothing I do seems to help. I’m so tired it’s not even funny. We have to get our old baby back, as soon as possible, at the risk of me loosing my sanity.
I do have a plan. I’m going to switch the cereal to lunch time and the veggies to dinner time, because cereal is harder to digest and maybe that’s what’s giving him trouble at night. I’m also going to start giving him apple sauce this weekend and see if that helps. And I bought this herbal tea my best friend swears works wonders with her baby. Hopefully one/all of these will have a positive effect.
It’s amazing how sleep deprivation (even if it is just for a few nights) can affect my mood. Argh.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Argh, indeed! Poor thing. Things! Hope he gets better bfr I have to fish you out of the river.

    [Still don't know my schedule but will know it on Monday, all going well, and then we can arrange to meet for lunch. FINALLY.]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home