Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, February 20, 2006

Back at work


So I’m back at work. After 4 months (can you believe it has actually been 4 months already?) of being at home with Manel, I now have to leave him every morning and come to work. This first day is going to be hard but I must admit I was starting to miss some adult interaction, especially since my sister went back to work 3 weeks ago. And I do love my job, so I’m sure I’ll get used to this new stage soon. And I’ll definitely have more time to update my blog more frequently, which it sorely needs.

I’ve been asked to update about DH and BIL. They are both doing great, we couldn’t ask for anything to go any better. My BIL has cut his cortisone meds (the immune-suppressors) from 80 mg to 10 mg and is reacting just fine. His levels have been absolutely stable since about a week after the transplant which is great. His not out of the woods yet and he will be on meds for the rest of his life but it is going as well as possible.

The kids are doing great. Manel has started solids last week and eats his mashed veggies like it’s all he’s ever eaten. He is so much easier than R was in every aspect so far. He’s been sleeping through the night for a couple of months now and he only fusses a bit when he’s about to poop.

Here is a picture of Manel and Diogo taken last week. Manel is the one on the left.













And here is one of Rosarinho last weekend

4 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Timestep said…

    Your kids (all three) are adorable. I can barely remember Sydney this little.

    Glad BIL and DH are doing well.

    Sooo happy to see you back! I've missed you.

    Kirsten

     
  • At 3:12 AM, Blogger Yndy said…

    Those are the most adorable pictures and the most adorable children ever!!!

    So happy that Manel is an easy baby for you!! He's definitely a cutie! But then, he takes after his big sister and his parents!

    Glad to see you back!!!

    1001 hugs,
    yndy

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Oh, they're all so cute! And I am so glad to hear that DH and BIL are well. Good luck returning to work!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger L said…

    I'm glad your back. I looove the pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home