Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Rosarinho funnies


Apparently, I’m raising a fashion victim. The other day we left Manel at my in-laws during the afternoon and we went to the mall with R because we needed to get a guide of Barcelona (our next trip, I’ll go into that later). After having bought what we came for, we were heading towards the elevators and she says, with a very serious expression on her face “Mommy, I need to buy shoes”.
Then yesterday, while we were in the car, I asked her what she had learned with Anette (her English teacher) this week. In the middle of the conversation she asks
Como é que se diz Mãe em Inglês? (How do you say Mum in english?)
e Pai? (and Dad?)
e Avó? (and Grandma?)
e compras? (and Shopping?)
I think I’m going to be in serious trouble in a few years.

But she’s not all shallow (I’m kidding of course). Sometimes, she truly amazes me. We were having lunch at a restaurant yesterday and some men came in and started singing and playing guitar. She turns to me and says: “There are people singing over there, on the right”. We all stopped and stared at her and my BIL asks “Did she say on the right?”. So we asked her if she knows where right and left is and she does, and she gets it right every time! I don’t get it right every time, especially if I’m driving. My child truly amazes me I tell you.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger L said…

    She's really smart this girl of yours! My 4 year old also enjoys shopping, I guess in today's workd who doesn't? :) (my hubby).

    Oh, you're going to Barcelona, how great! I was there for only two days, but I *loved* it! We're big fans of Gaudi, so it was a special treat for us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home