Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, March 10, 2006

In which I'll be gone for a week


On Monday I’m going on a business trip to Porto and I’ll be there all week until Friday. That’s 4 nights people! 5 days and 4 nights for hubby to take care of the kids all by himself. Well, maybe not ALL by himself but still…
It should actually be 5 nights because on Monday I have to be there at 9 a.m. But I decided to take the 7 a.m. flight (which means getting up at 5.30) just so he doesn’t have to spend one more night alone.

I admit I’ve been worrying about this, and I’ve tried to convince him to let me ask one of his sisters to stay over until I come back. But he just won’t have it. I’m worried that he won’t get any sleep, that he’ll be exhausted from working and taking care of a toddler and a baby and then not getting any sleep to recover. Granted, my housekeeper comes at 9 a.m. everyday and leaves at 7 p.m., she picks up R from school, bathes both kids and prepares dinner. And my mom says she’ll come help him with dinner and bedtime everyday. But still, I’m kinda uncomfortable.

So this morning, after a rough night (R had to pee at 5 a.m., thus waking M up, who then wanted to be fed) I told him I would take both kids out of the house both Saturday and Sunday morning so he could sleep late and rest before I leave. You know what he asked? Why was I so worried about him waking up with the kids at night after a day’s work if that is what I do everyday? You know what? He’s absolutely right. Why should I worry about it? I do that everyday and I’m fine, so I’m sure he will be too.

So I started looking on the bright side of all this. And let me tell you, this will be one hell of a week for me. I’ll work from 9.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. and then I’m totally and completely free. I’ll go to the movies, grab some dinner or order room-service, read a book, watch some TV, go to bed at 11 and sleep. Doesn’t it sound like heaven?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home