Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, April 18, 2005

I'm back.

aaa
I had the best vacation ever! I really needed the rest and, to be totally honest, I needed the time alone with my husband, without R.

I loved NY. It was even better than I remembered, especially because the weather was great (it was raining the whole time when we were there 3 years ago).
I am getting attached to that city! We were in NY when I had my first positive HPT (I was pregnant with R), and I was there again to celebrate the end of the first trimester with this pregnancy.
But most of all, it’s where I got to meet my friends in person for the first time! I loved meeting them; they are everything I knew they would be. I felt so “at home” with them, it was amazing.

I also loved Miami. We spent the days at the beach, we drove down the Key West, we went to nice restaurants and we shopped (a lot!). It was so relaxing.

And then I loved coming home to R. I missed her so much it was almost painful. She was hysteric when she saw us, she hugged us and laughed and wouldn’t let go of us for the rest of the day! She looked so grown up to me, as if a week could actually make a difference.
She did great with my parents and she actually looked kinda sad when we left their house. Which is great, to know that she loves them and that we can always leave her there if we need to.

As for the pregnancy, I am finally in the second trimester! I’m still not showing, or at least people don’t say anything yet. I have gained ½ pound which makes it a total of 1,5 pounds. Not too bad for 12 weeks! I have an ultrasound tomorrow, and we’ll be measuring the nuchal translucency. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Sounds like an INCREDIBLE trip!! Glad it all went so well.

    Good Luck at the U/S today!

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    You're back! I thought you were posting from NY! I'm so happy you had a brill time dahling!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home