Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Sharing the news

aaa
I told my boss about the pregnancy yesterday. I work in Mergers and Acquisitions, so I work on a project basis and I don't have recurring tasks or anything. We have just gotten a series of new projects and were defining which projects each of us will work on and I just had to tell him. I didn't think it was fair to accept projects I know will take more than 7 months to close and which I couldn't possibly take until the end. And transferring on-going projects to another person is never an easy thing.

He took it surprisingly well. I'm not sure if it is because his wife is pregnant too, or because he has been expecting this. When I told him I was pregnant the last time (with the molar pregnancy) he took it very bad. He immediately asked if I didn't think it was time to change jobs and didn't even congratulate me. Maybe it was because R had just turned one and his own daughter was 6 months old. But regardless of his reasons it was very rude and I was really mad. He then sent me an email apologizing but still.

This time he said congratulations right away and told me there was no need to tell him so soon. He then picked up the project list and told me I should be able to keep all my projects except one because they will all probably close or be in a negotiation stage by then. Which is really good because I'm not ready to let go of some really interesting projects this early, at the risk of something going wrong with this pregnancy.

____________________________________________________________

Update on my sister: no more spotting since Saturday! She has her first OB appointment on Friday and I'm going with her. We have the same OB (our cousin) so we might start having our appointments together, if she (the OB) agrees.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    YEAH... I am so glad that your boss took it so well this time! Thats great!

    Horray for your sister too! Hope everything looks great on Friday!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Glad your boss took it well...and YAY for your sister. I went back and read the post you linked too about your sister and you said something in there that I have to disagree with...you said you didn't inherit your mother's beauty...well, YOU DID! No, you don't look exactly like her but you are a beautiful woman and, looking at the pictures of you both, I can tell where it came from.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ana! I am so happy that your boss took it so well this time! I still "hear" a little doubt in your tone... don't worry girl, you'll do just fine this pregnancy! I can't wait to see R's new baby sister or brother!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home