Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, March 07, 2005

Miracle times two

aaa
Have I told you I have a twin sister? I'm sure I did, in this post. Go ahead; read it, I'll wait.

Ok, so as you can see my sister is my best friend, my strongest support through the bad times, my buddy through the good times. Because we are twins, we have a relationship based not only in blood ties, in sibling love, but also in everyday complicity. We shared our mother’s womb for 9 months, we shared a crib for another 3, we shared a room for 12 years, we went to school together, we had the same friends. You can imagine the type of bond we have created.

People sometimes say twins can feel what the other is feeling, through a kind of telepathy or something. We never had that, not in that way. But we do in a different way. When we are looking at the same thing or sharing the same experience, we know what the other is thinking and feeling. We don't need to talk, we just look at each other and smile, and everything has been said. I know what will make her hurt, what will make her cry, what will make her nervous and what will make her happy. And we are fierce in defending each other.

And now, once again, we may get to share an experience we will never forget. She had two positive home pregnancy tests this weekend. On Saturday she spotted a little after intercourse (don't even ask me how I know this) and she's scared. And I'm scared. I know it's probably nothing; she didn't have any spotting since then. I want to go through this pregnancy with her; I want our children to be born in the same month and maybe create between them a relationship comparable to ours. That would be the greatest gift I could give this child.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Amen.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Ohh Congrats Auntie! How exciting for both of you. Have you told your Mom yet? She is going to be FLOORED. I will pray that your sister's pregnancy goes as smoothly as yours. Do you know what your due dates are?

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    I'm do on the 29th of October and she's due on the 6th of November!
    Yes, we have told our Mom and she is histeric, of course!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home