Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Patience ain't really my thing

aaa
We had a meeting yesterday with the couples group about the importance of Mass in our lives, individually and as a couple. It was a really nice meeting, it made us think why we go to church every Sunday and how important that is to us, how we don't even consider not going and how we really love to take R with us. Some of the other couples prefer to leave the children with someone while they go to church alone but it just doesn't make sense to us and R usually behaves really well in church. We'll see how that goes with two.

On the pregnancy front things are pretty much the same. I have no symptoms during the first trimester other than fatigue and sore breasts. I guess I'm lucky but sometimes I wish I had something more to show for it, you know what I mean? I look exactly the same (even the acne is gone!), I'm not sick or anything and sometimes I almost forget I'm pregnant. Ok, not really, but you get my point.

When I was waiting to start ttc and when I was ttc I always used to promise myself that once I did get pregnant I would enjoy every moment of it, I would never wish time to go by faster like I did with R, instead I would live it fully and savour every minute of it. I was wrong. I do want time to go by faster, at least until I see the heartbeat, or maybe until I start showing, or maybe until I start feeling the baby, but probably until it's born. Because that's just the way I am.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    LOL.. I think MOST woman feel like that! Rub that Belly for me! I am so excited for you.

    Also.. I would Love to hear why Mass is important to you and what it means to you. A peek into your spirtual world is something I look forward too.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Hi Ana,

    I found your blog a few days before I started mine. You were part of my inspiration. I am so glad to find someone else with similar experiences, though your D&C and hospital stay were much worse than mine. The post about it was the most horrifying thing I've read in a long time. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

    My beta just finally got to zero last week (I'll be posting more about it soon) and now we are in the agonizing waiting time.

    I am so happy that you are pregnant again (and at the same time as your sister, how cool!) and keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Hehehe...maybe we can fast forward to the kicking baby stage and then you can add thefast forwarded time back in.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger sweetisu said…

    Fast forward button is very desirable in the first trimester for us women who have been through difficult times with prior pregnancies. I understand exactly what you mean and even talked about it, too. I hope it flies on by for you. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home