Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Babies and Ski trips


I’m not sure if I had told you guys, but my sister in law, the one who got married last June, is pregnant. She’s due in July, and found out last week that she’s having a boy, who will be named José Maria, after my husband.
I love children, and I love it that my kids will have cousins around their age and I’m hoping that my own sister will get pregnant again soon, too. And having babies around will temporarily numb my own desire for another child, which I clearly and rationally can not indulge in right now.

I got a bonus last week. 15,000 euros. I guess the ski trip is paid for!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another family member, that's great. I can't wait for another baby in my family. My BIL got married on October but I guess they want to wait another year or two.
    Well, well, what a generous bonus. Congratulations. I'm not so lucky!!
    Best Wishes.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Congrats on the upcoming niece or nephew and fabulous news about the bonus paying for the ski trip!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    How brilliant, congrats on both counts! And you bloody deserve it. Though how people will willingly surround themselves with snow (SNOW!) I'll never understand. Did you know that with the exact same place you could go somewhere WARM by the sea?? I thought so.

    SAVE YOURSELF!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Argh, argh, arh, with the exact same MONEY, obviously. See how place-oriented I am?

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My youngest sister had a baby in Sept and it's been wonderful. Even though she's in NYC and I'm in Alabama, we see each other often and I get to smooch on that adorable baby. He looks like 2 of my sons did when they were that age!

    Speaking of, I am heading to Lisdon in March with the whole family - husband, 2 eight yr olds and an 11 yr old. If you have suggestions on things not to miss, foods to try and kid-friendly activities, I'd love to hear them!

    Many thanks!

    ps - loved seeing the wedding pix

     

Post a Comment

<< Home