Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, April 01, 2005

Spring

aaa
Spring seems to have finally arrived. I love the spring, the long days, the sun, the warm weather.
Also, daylight saving time started here in Europe last Sunday, which means I still have a couple of hours of sunlight after I leave work. Today I may take R to the park after work, with her new "bike". She is so excited about it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yesterday after dinner R started crying that she wanted to go back to school. When I told her no one was there, the other kids were probably already asleep and the teacher was at home she started crying that she wanted to go to bed so she could go to school tomorrow. I hope she will be like this all the way through high school but I don't think I'll be so lucky.

I have a feeling I won't rest much this weekend. We have a kid's birthday party tomorrow and another one on Sunday. Tomorrow my friend (the one who's going to the States with us) is taking 10 kids to a theater play and since R is the youngest she asked me to go along and help her take care of the kids. The other parents will get the afternoon off, lucky bastards.

I am 10 weeks pregnant as of today. I'm still wearing all my regular clothes (including jeans) and I'm still only one pound up from my initial weight. I have finally convinced myself to unpack the maternity clothes this week, but I don't think I will be taking any on my trip.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger K|nneret said…

    ONE pound up!!! I hate you. LOL! Just kidding :)
    I'm so glad you're doing well. When is your nuchal?

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    The nuchal is on the 19th. When's yours?

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    1 pound.. thats GREAT girl! I love R's new bike. Can she pedal it herself? we are working on this with Alex!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Martha,

    No, she can't quite pedal it on her own yet but we're working on it. It has a handle in the backk so we can push her.

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    Ana - sounds just like the one we got for Alex too! He can finally reach the pedals but can't seem to figure out the pedaling part!

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger sweetisu said…

    What's a nuchal? I must not be getting one...

    Spring seems to have finally arrived here, too. Thank goodness we can finally go outside and play!

    If I were you, I would bring at least one pair of pants for the trip. Have a great trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home