Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, April 04, 2005

Mourning

aaa
I'm mourning the loss of a great man. I'm not sad that he died, because he had been suffering for quite a while now and I'm sure he is in a better place, and I'm sure he's happy now. But I am sad that we lost him, and I'm reluctant to believe that another one as good as him will come next.
Karol Wojtila was elected Pope before I was born. I have been with him, in person, twice. I have prayed via video conference with him. And those were some of the most emotional and impressive moments of my life.
He was the Pope of my youth, of the years when my faith was more emotional, more breath taking, almost touchable, when we lived things to the limit.

I will miss you.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Ana,

    The World has lost a great man! The Catholic people have lost an amazing Leader. God has gained a wonderful Brother. I am certain he is finally at peace and pain free. May you find comfort in that knowledge in the days ahead!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    John Paul II was a great man who did so very much for the world. I could easily see him gaining sainthood. Although I do not agree with the Catholic church on many things, I do believe the world has lost a very important man and heaven has gained a valuable addition. God Bless you JP II and thank you for all you did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home