Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, March 14, 2005

Tired

aaa
I'm tired! I am so tired it feels like life is being sucked out of me. I wake up and I'm already tired, and I feel like I could sleep another 10 hours. I'm not like that, really! I usually wake up before the alarm goes off and lay around for a few more minutes before getting up to have a shower. Now the alarm goes off and I feel like I just went to sleep 10 minutes ago and it takes me forever to gather the strength to get up. And even after I take a shower I'm still tired.

I guess it doesn't help that I have gone down from 5 cups of coffee a day to 1. Yes, I do have one cup of coffee a day, I am a horrible mother and I'm seriously endangering this child. Now leave me alone. Have I told you how tired I am?

I am sitting at my desk, looking at my computer and I can't see anything, my brain is frozen. How can I possibly work on these complicated financial models with thousands of worksheets? I can barely write an entry for my blog. It's. Not. Funny.

I had a meeting this morning at 9 am and I totally forgot about it. When I got here at 9.45 I turned on the computer and a reminder pops up. The first thing I read was "44 minutes overdue". Fuck!
My boss had gone to the meeting, alone of course. I'm glad I told him I'm pregnant already because he just smiled and said it was ok, surely thinking to himself "prego-brain!"

Did I say I'm tired? I'm so tired.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Wow.. you just made me tired! Girl, sounds like you need a personal day to sleep. Tired is good though because it means that baby is growing, growing, growing.

    Go to bed early tonight!! Hugs my friend!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    I'm w Martha but I was exhausted already. Still - GOOD SIGN!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home