Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, March 14, 2005

Monday update

aaa
The OB appointment went well. It was kinda anti-climatic, especially for my sister. She had been looking forward to it for days and in the end it was nothing much. She ordered a ton of blood work for the both of us and an ultrasound for my sister at around 8 weeks and she prescribed folic acid for the two of us and morning sickness meds for my sister. And that was it. She didn't even weight us (though I think she ment to but ended up forgetting).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekend was great. We had a kids birthday party on Saturday (a friend's son). They live in a farm and have cows and horses and chicken. R was so excited with all the animals! We ended up staying over for dinner with 3 other couples after all the other kids and parents were gone.

All the moms that were at that dinner are stay at home moms and they were talking about all the things they do with their kids during the day, and how they do all these activities and spend lots of time with them.
I was telling them that I work until 6.30 pm every day and then I come home, give R her dinner and put her to bed at around 8.30. So I realise I only see my daughter for 2 hours a day during week days. And I can't help but feel guilty and wonder if I'm neglecting her. She loves school and she seems so happy, but I sometimes wonder if she is loosing something that can be really important.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    The kid is happy, you are happy, ZM is happy, hmmmm.... NO.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home