Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

It must be written in my forehead


Yesterday my boss came to me and said we are going to have a big project starting soon. It's a motorway company, which is my speciality, and a big (money and work wise) project. He asked me if I wanted to be on the team.

Why would he ask me that? Of course I wanna be on the team. He never asked me that before, he just assumed. I said sure (trying not to sound to excited).

The he goes "you will probably have to travel to Poland...".

What? He never told me in advance I would have to travel, and I have travelled several times with other projects. Why would that be a problem? Because I might be pregnant? Well he doesn't know that. Does he? Is it written in my forehead? Will I not be able to keep this from people?

Of course now I am feeling guilty I said yes. I 'm afraid I won't be able to take this project until the end. M&A transactions can take over a year and if I have a baby in September he will be left with all the work.
If I can finish the financial model before the baby comes, he would only be left with the negotiation part, which is easier and more fun. And I really don't want to refuse this project over something that may or may not happen.

I guess for now I will say yes and after the u/s I'll tell him I'm pregnant and discuss this with him.

PS: I had another faint positive this morning, although with a less sensitive test. I have decided not to take anymore tests and just wait for the u/s. HPTs drive me crazy.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    I don't know, must you tell him so soon? Aren't you entitled to have a baby AND a fun project? So they'll have to make some allowances, it's not like you don't work hard enough for them is it. If you can finish the hardest part on time, what would the problem be?

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    You know J, I guess you're right. I am entitled to have both and I work my ass off for them.
    But I just don't feel right waiting until the second trimester to tell him (which is the dealine by law). My hubby agrees with you of course. He thinks we should wait. I'll think about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home