Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, January 17, 2005

Things I worry about


When I saw the two lines yesterday (have not tested again yet) the thought of a re-growing mole didn't even cross my mind. I thougt I would be terrified but I wasn't. I remembered that possibility a few minutes later, while discussing with my husband what to do next.
There is an almost zero probability of the first mole regrowing and a very small probablity (although higher) of having a second one. This is even reduced by the fact that I had an ultrasound a week and half ago and everything was fine.
I am surprisingly calm about this, at least for now, but we have decided not to tell anyone until we have an ultrasound, which will be on the 4th of February.

This morning I googled "pregnancy + x-ray". You know, because of the x-ray R had last Monday. I am actually much more relieved now, can you believe it? They say if a woman has an x-ray while pregnant, the actual risk of fetus death or malformation is very low, especially if the x-ray is directed at another body part (limbs, chest, etc).
And I didn't even have an x-ray. I was behind a copper wall, holding R's hands. So this shouldn't be a problem, right?

I am not particularly worried about these two things, the mole and the x-ray, but I am absolutely terrified of all the other things that can happen. I desperately want this to work.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    The copper wall will undoubtedly have done its job, yes. As for the rest, let's hope you are dealt a better hand this time, I really am praying for it. No matter what, no matter when, we'll be here, commenters and lurkers alike (are they annoying you yet in their lurkness?). Nothing but a healthy baby will remove your fears but we'll be your buffer zone, no worries. (My friends are very happy you're pregnant, this is how crazy and marvellous our world has become through the web!). Very very wise of you not to tell - and not even necessarily infertility etc-related, I wouldn't tell IRL either if it were me, REGARDLESS. Big kiss!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Thanks Ali!

    And thanks J, I know I can always count on you. Tell your friends I am touched that they are happy for me. That truly is amazing. Still praying for your miracle.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Michelle,

    No, I did not temp today and I don't think I will anymore, it drives me crazy.
    I bought a test today and will probably take it tomorrow or wednesday. I'll let you know.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger sweetisu said…

    ...but I am absolutely terrified of all the other things that can happen. I desperately want this to work.I desparately want it to work for you too. Once through hell is enough.
    That said, the fear is very real. I'll be last person to deny that. But we're here for you to voice all that stuff and get to the end together, with a happy ending.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home